A typical festive dessert in the Mediterranean part of Slovenia. The name is connected with wrinkled (layered) dough (‘gube’), which separates the fi llings. Gubanca does not have the hole in the middle that is so characteristic of its younger relative, ‘potica’.
Filo pastry dough:
500 g rough butter
500 g white flour
lemon juice (1 lemon)
3 spoons white wine
1 kg walnuts (or 250g almonds and 750 g walnuts)
500 g raisins (dipped in rum one day before use)
500 g sugar
200 g rough butter
150 g pine nuts
whipped 5 yolks
2 orange peels
1. Prepare the filo pastry dough out of the ingredients.
2. Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
3. Roll the dough thinly and spread the whisked yolks on the dough.
4. Cover the dough with the filling.
5. Roll the dough and put it spirally in the round or quadrangle fatty baking pan.
6. Bake on the moderate temperature for approx one hour.