Coban Kavurma :Turkish Lamb Casserole
An authentic meal. Really delicious!
2 lb/about 1 kilo lamb meat ( prefer ably from the leg)
olive oil (enough to coat the meat)
salt and pepper to taste
1 green bell pepper
1 small zucchini
16 white mushrooms
1 cup red wine
1 Tbsp dried oregano
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup Mozzarella, grated
1. Cut lamb into small ½-inch cubes and marinate in olive oil, salt, and pepper for eight hours.
2. Prepare vegetables by dicing bell pepper, zucchini, tomato, and slicing mushrooms.
3. Pour approximately 4 tablespoons of olive oil into large skillet and heat on medium.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180C.
5. Add lamb meat to heated skillet and let cook until juices have been reduced. Add wine and stir occasionally.
6. Once wine has reduced, add pepper and zucchini to skillet. Cook two minutes before adding tomatoes, mushrooms, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
7. Let mixture cook for two more minutes.
8. Portion meat and vegetables into individual casserole dishes and top each dish with approximately ¼ cup grated mozzarella.
9. Bake in oven for five minutes.