This Chinese dish is a comfort food because of it’s variant taste and different texture that you would surely love. A very healthy meal that could keep you going within the day.
– 3 eggs, beaten
– 2 tablespoon oil
– 1 cup ( 125 g) cornstarch
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) water
– 3 tablespoon oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1/2 medium onion, diced
– 2 cups heart of Palm (300 g), cut into thin slices or
2 cups (300 g) boiled bamboo shoots, cut into matchsticks
– 1 medium size carrot, shredded
– 8 oz (250 g) fresh shrimp, shelled, defined and minced
– 8 oz (250 g) boiled pork, cut into thin slices
– 1 cup (4 oz/ 125 g) very thinly sliced green beans
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 15 lettuce leaves, washed
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup chicken stock or
1/2 teaspoon chicken stock granule mixed with 1 cup hot
– 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1/2 cup crushed peanuts, to garnish
dash of garlic powder
1. To make the wrappers, whisk the eggs into the oil. Then add the cornstarch and salt, and whisk until well dissolved. Add the water to form a smooth batter.
2. Scoop about 3 tablespoons of batter onto a heated skillet and tilt the skillet so the batter forms a thin, even layer. Cook for 1 minute. Then flip the wrapper over and cook on the other side for another minute. Set the wrapper aside. Repeat until the batter is used up.
3. To make the filing, heat the oil in a saucepan and stir-fry the garlic until golden brown, then add the onion and stir-fry until translucent. Add the heart of Palm or bamboo shoots, shredded carrot and cook over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp and pork, and cook until shrimp turn pink. Add the green beans and simmer for 3 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper and mix well. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Combine all the sauce ingredients, except the peanuts, in a deep saucepan or wok over high heat. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
5. Lay a wrapper on a flat surface. Place a lettuce leaf on the wrapper, so that part of the leaf extends beyond the edge of the wrapper. Place 3 tablespoons of the filing at the edge of the wrapper, then fold one end in and roll it up.
6. Drizzle the sauce over the rolls and sprinkle with be peanuts.