Tupelo Chicken Tenders
280 gm chicken breast (cut into slender strips)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup corn flake crumbs
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1¼ tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp red pepper
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
Oil for frying
1. Prepare the tupelo breading by combining the corn flake crumbs, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, salt, onion and garlic powder.
2. Beat the egg in a medium-sized bowl, add the milk and stir.
3. Heat oil. Bread your chicken by first coating each piece with flour.
4. Dip the chicken pieces into the egg and milk mixture and then place them in the Tupelo breading.
5. Sprinkle some more breading over the top of the chicken pieces and lightly press down so the breading sticks. Shake off excess breading.
6. Deep fry for approximately 2 to 3 minutes till it is fully cooked and the colour turns golden. Remove and drain well.
7. Arrange some lettuce leaves on a plate and place the chicken tenders on them. Serve hot with barbecue sauce and honey mustard sauce.
Recipe by Chef Chanemouga Prian, Hard Rock Café First Published in Volume 5 Issue 2