No Bake Chocolate Lemon Dream Balls
Prep time: 13 mins
Easy to make, lemon-chocolate heaven! Raw, no bake, grain free, vegetarian, chocolate lemon balls with a low carb version.
• 1 ½ cup silvered almonds.
• ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes.
• 2 table spoons cocoa powder or cacao powder.
• 3 table spoons coconut oil, softened or melted
• 1 table spoons lemon juice.
• 1 ½ tea spoons lemon zest.
• ½ tea spoon vanilla extract , or ground vanilla bean powder.
• ⅛ tea spoon sea salt * optional.
• Sweetener of choice: 2 ½ table spoons raw honey , or for low carb use 2 table spoons erythritol (I used Swerve®) + 25 drops liquid stevia , or for vegan use 2½ Table spoons maple syrup.
• Garnish: 1 table spoon unsweetened chocolate chips or bar (sweetened to taste with honey or use liquid stevia for low carb), melted * optional, can omit.
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper on a baking sheet.
2. In a food processor combine: almonds, coconut flakes and cocoa powder. Process until it has a fine grain appearance.
3. Add all remaining ingredients, except optional chocolate garnish, to the processor, and process until combined. With a spoon scrape down the sides a couple times, and process until a thick paste forms.
4. Use hands to form balls by lightly pressing and turning. Then lightly, without pressing, rolling around in hands.
5. Place balls on lined sheet.
6. Can drizzle with optional chocolate at this point if desired.
7. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to firm a little.
8. Remove from freezer and serve.
9. Can be stored in a covered container in the fridge.