25 Amazing Benefits Of Avocado For Skin, Hair And Health
Avocado is a pear shaped fruit known for its miraculous health and beauty benefits all over the world. Native to Mexico, Guam and Central America, this green fleshy fruit has been in cultivation since time immemorial. This fruit is naturally loaded with myriad essential nutrients and thus is traditionally used for treating several health and skincare problems besides being consumed as a food. Avocados are among the healthiest natural ingredients on the planet and are also considered a complete diet for babies. They contain over 25 vital nutrients including vitamins (A, B, C, E, and K) and minerals such as copper, potassium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. Moreover, they also contain essential proteins, fibers and beneficial phytochemicals like glutathione, lutein and beta-sitosterol. However, medical experts advise to go easy on eating avocado as it also contains lots of calories and therefore it’s excessive use may prove highly detrimental for weight-conscious people. Avocado Benefits Through this post we’ll try to make you conversant with the benefits of avocado fruit, juice and oil. Enjoy the read … A. Avocado Fruit Benefits and Uses: Being a fruit full of healthy nutrients, avocado has innumerable health and skincare benefits. Mentioned below are a few avocado health benefits along with beauty benefits: 1. Prevents Prostate, Breast and Oral Cancers: Researches have shown that avocado helps in preventing the development of breast cancer thanks to its oilic acid content. Moreover, owing to the presence of certain compounds, avocado fruit has found to be very effective in seeking out pre-cancerous and cancerous oral-cancer cells and obliterate them without doing any harm to the healthier ones. In addition, it is also known for inhibiting the growth of prostate cancer.
2. Eye health: Eye health is another health benefit, avocado offers. It contains more of carotenoid lutein as compared to any commonly consumed fruit. Lutein prevents any eye-related disorders by offering protection against macular degeneration and cataracts. 3. Regulates blood cholesterol level: Avocado helps in regulating blood cholesterol level because of its high beta sitosterol content. It is shown to reduce cholesterol as well as phospholipid levels to almost 20% if consumed on a daily basis. 4. Heart Health: Avocados are extremely helpful when it comes to maintaining a hale and hearty heart. They are rich in folate – an ingredient essential for a healthy, problem free heart. One cup is enough to satisfy your body’s 23% of the daily folate requirement alone. Additionally, monounsaturated fats, glutathione and vitamin E in the avocado are also very beneficial for human heart. Not only this, avocado’s high folate content also makes it an ideal food for preventing strokes. 5. Better Nutrient Absorption: Avocados are found to be very effective in boosting the absorption of certain nutrients plus they also improve human digestive system. Likewise, it also helps preventing constipation and facilitates immediate weight lose. 6. Glutathione Source: Avocados are a rich source of glutathione, an antioxidant important in preventing ageing, cancers, and heart disorders. Furthermore, the abundance of vitamin E makes it an amazing ingredient to keep numerous health issues bay.
7. Beauty benefits of avocado fruit: Avocado is an excellent natural way to nourish and stock up your body without any abrasive chemicals. Essential and extra virgin avocado oil has long been used in beauty products such as hair conditioners, moisturizers, cleanses and facials etc. This is all because they are a rich source of several essential nutrients that relive and moisturize your skin. 8. Clean Skin: Avocados are filled with vitamin A which helps purging off any dead skin cells. The glutamine amino acid present in avocados cleanses your skin and offers it enough protection against harsh environmental factors. 9. Reduced Wrinkles: The antioxidants in avocados detoxify your body removing all the toxins that tend to lead your skin to age prematurely. It also helps eliminating the wrinkles giving your skin a youthful glow. B. Avocado Juice: Uses and Benefits:
Infused with the goodness of many benefiting ingredients, avocado juice is a complete energy drink. It gives you an instant boost besides offering several health and skincare advantages in the long term. Check out some benefits avocado juice offers: 10. Healthy Skin: Healthy, naturally glowing skin is the first and foremost health benefits offered by this vitamin (A & E) rich drink. Medical and skincare experts especially recommend the consumption of avocado juice to those struggling with dull, lack luster skin. It’s also a great natural remedy to relieve dry skin. 11. Overcomes High Blood Pressure: Avocado juice is highly advantageous for patients suffering from hypertension or high blood pressure. Down to its potassium and good fatty content, avocado juice aids you to prevail over high B.P. So, if you’re endeavouring to keeping the blood pressure in check; try including avocado juice in your routine diet. 12. Nutrition: Akin to the avocado fruit, avocado juice is also filled with a variety of highly nutritious substances. One serving of avocado juice can replenish your body with eleven different vitamins and fourteen vital minerals including potassium, iron, phosphorus and copper etc. C. Avocado Oil: Uses and Benefits:
Avocado fruit oil extracted from a fully ripped avocado fruit is a full fledge beauty treatment. Its tropical or oral consumption on regular basis help addressing several skin and hair related issues, leaving it looking healthy, glowing and radiant naturally.
Avocado seed oil, which is obtained from seeds of avocado plant, is also very healthy oil having several health, skincare and hair-care benefits. It helps lessening the triglycerides in the skin. Furthermore, thanks to its ability to increase the soluble collagen in the skin it is also found in most skincare products as a primary ingredient. Here are described a few health and beauty benefits of avocado oil:
13. Rejuvenates scalp: If we speak particularly of the avocado benefits for hair, avocado oil helps rejuvenating and moisturizing the scalp. One can use avocado oil for hair in more than one ways as it’s an exceptional treatment for revitalizing dry, damaged, lifeless hair. It deep conditions your locks and scalp and hence leave them looking lustrous and full of life. Moreover, being a rich source of proteins, amino acids and vitamins, avocado oil also helps promoting the growth of healthier tresses. 14. Moisturizes skin: When it comes to skin, the benefits of avocado oil are just countless. Skincare products containing avocado oil are excellent for dry, parched skin. Avocado oil’s wonderful moisture retaining abilities make it an excellent moisturizer for dehydrated skin type. It deep moisturizes your skin and nourishes it from inside out. 15. Boosts immunity: Many beauticians and skincare experts also recommend the use of avocado oil over the face daily so as to keep up the moisture level and hence maintain the juvenile glow for long. Moreover, because of high dietary vitamin E, it also helps booting the immunity of skin against stress and other environmental hazards. 16. Nourishes skin: Avocado oil is easily absorbable and thus penetrates deep into your skin, leaving it well-cleansed, nourished and baby-soft. This helps accelerates the new cell generation and also helps promotes circulation in the body and skin. 17. Sunscreen: Avocado oil is a natural sunscreen that keeps harmful UV rays from wreaking havoc on your skin. It is also an excellent treatment to cure sunburns. Apart from the skincare and beauty benefits, avocado oil has amazing health benefits too:
18. Increased resistance against free radicals: A study conducted in the recently concluded year finds that avocado can help boosting cell’s ability to fight to the free radicals. The research was done on yeast that was exposed to free radicals; the oil multiplied the resistance of yeast cells against the free radicals to many folds. So, on the basis of the results, medical experts believe that these benefits of avocado oil could apply to human cells as well. 19. Heart-friendly: Infused with wonderful antioxidant properties, avocado oil is an extremely heart-friendly snack. Unlike many oils that increase the odds of heart diseases by raising blood cholesterol level, avocado oil works to lower the blood cholesterol level. It happens to rich in healthy monounsaturated fat which helps eliminate the bad cholesterol in the blood and hence keep cardiovascular disorders at bay. D. Avocado Beauty Treatments: One can also create their own beauty treatments with this inimitable fruit. Find a few excellent recipes below:
20. Avocado hair Mask: Avocado provides great hair treatment in combination with egg yolk, olive oil and yogurt. It nourishes you hair and moisturizes it from inside out, leaving it rejuvenated and well-revitalized. To prepare the treatment, pulverize the avocado first and then add some olive oil, yogurt and egg yolk to it. Stir well to get a consistent paste and work it over your strands evenly, covering them with a plastic wrap afterwards. Let the mixture sit in your hair for almost half an hour and then rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo as normal. 21. Avocado body butter recipe: To create avocado body butter take one fully ripped avocado and after removing its pit and skin mash it up in a small bowl. Apply the paste onto your skin, paying enough attention to the rough skin areas like knees, heels and elbows. Let the butter exercise its magic over your skin for almost half an hour and then wash off with cool water. 22. Avocado facial cleanser recipe: This recipe cleanses the skin pores and frees your skin from any dirt, grime, excess oil and other impurities. While a variety of such cleansers are available in market, you can also prepare your own at home. For making an avocado facial cleanser, you’ll be in need of one egg yolk, half cup milk and half avocado. First of all beat the egg until it is frothy and then add mashed avocado and milk to it. Stir the concoction to get a lotion-like consistency. Use the resultant mixture then to cleanse your face regularly. It removes harmful toxins from your skin and leaves it looking younger and radiant.
23. Avocado hand scrub: This blend makes use of lemon for scent; oats helps quick and easy absorption of avocado oil and provides gentle exfoliation making your hands soft and smooth. To get the treatment, simply take some mashed avocado in a bowl and add to it egg white, oats and a little amount of lime juice. Stir the mixture well and massage your hands with the resultant paste. Hold on for 20-25 minutes and wash your hands finally with tepid water. 24. Oily skin avocado mask: Avocado mask for oily skin involves the use of lemon, egg white and ripped avocado. Lemon acts as a natural astringent and controls the production of oil by the skin whereas egg white strengthens and nourishes you skin with high protein content. Avocado oil balances the mixture. To prepare the pack you need to combine avocado, egg white and lemon juice in a blender and whirl until you get a smooth paste. Use the mask onto your skin for twenty minutes and rinse with warm water at the end. 25. Avocado moisturizing mask: The moisturizing avocado oils join forces with a natural antiseptic agent, honey and relieving yogurt to gently cleanse, eliminate redness and soften up the skin while firming and refining skin pores. Take two fully ripped avocados and mash it after pitting and peeling. Now add yogurt and honey to it and stir well. Apply the paste over your face and leave it on for almost fifteen minutes. Rinse with tepid water. 26. Moisturizing eye mask: Avocado moisturizing eye mask is best at relieving eye dehydration and irritation. Preparation of mask doesn’t involve any intricate steps, just mash up a fully ripped avocado and combine it with aloe vera gel. Stir well and spread evenly on pre cleansed under eye skin. Let it sit virtually for ten minutes and then wipe away. Splash tepid water over your face finally.