Stuffed minced meat roll Stephanie
1 kg minced meat
1 coffee cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon savory
2 sprigs parsley
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cooking oil
50 g grated yellow cheese
for the filling
2 pickled cucumbers
1. Knead the minced meat with egg and 2/3 of the breadcrumbs. Add finely chopped onion and parsley and season with savory and salt. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. To prepare the filling: boil carrots and eggs in salted water. Cut the carrots into sticks, the eggs into quarters and the pickled cucumbers into strips.
3. Spread minced meat in a 1 cm-thick layer over a wet kitchen napkin or a rectangular aluminum foil. Put the carrot, egg and cucumber mixture at one end of the filling.
4. Roll the mince by carefully lifting the end of the napkin with the filling. Put the roll in a baking tin with the opening facing down. Sprinkle with the rest of the breadcrumbs and pour in 2 fingers of water and cooking oil.
5. Roast the roll for 45-50 minutes in preheated oven at 180˚ C. Turn the dish out of the oven and sprinkle it with grated yellow cheese, then put it back to bake for a further 10 minutes.
Mashed potatoes make a suitable garnish for the Stephanie roll.
Make sure that the mince does not contain salt, because it may become too salty if you add more of this ingredient.