Mille Feuille Recipe
A typical French dessert that everybody likes.
1 pack puff pastry
oil, for brushing
250ml vanilla pastry cream
75g icing sugar
water, as needed
2 teaspoons caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C/ Gas 6.
2. Set out a sheet of parchment on a baking tray, and gently brush with oil.
3. Lay the puff pastry sheet over the parchment, then brush the leading with a little water.
4. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the sugar, then cover with another sheet of parchment then another baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Eliminate from the oven and thoroughly remove the leading layer of parchment.
7. Turn over the puff pastry sheet, then sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar and cover with the sheet of parchment and the baking tray.
8. Go back to the oven and bake 10 minutes.
9. Thoroughly move the puff pastry sheet to a cutting board.
10. Cut the sheet into 3 equivalent pieces.
11. For much easier slicing and serving later on, cut 2 of the pieces into 5 equivalent pieces (this is optional however makes serving simpler!).
12. Spread half of the pastry cream over the entire piece of puff pastry (the layer of cream ought to have to do with 1cm thick).
13. Tidy up the edges by running a knife together with the pastry.
14. Lay the 2nd piece (whole or in pieces) on top, then spread out with the continuing to be pastry cream.
15. Leading with the last piece of puff pastry (whole or in pieces).
16. Make the icing by blending together the icing sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons of water till smooth.
17. In a different bowl, incorporate the cocoa powder with a couple of drops of water and mix till a paste kinds.
18. Place the cocoa paste in a plastic food bag and snip off a really little piece of one corner; you’ll utilize this to pipeline on the cocoa paste.
19. Pour a thin, even layer of the icing over the top of the mille feuille.
20. Working rapidly so that the icing does not solidify, instantly pipeline 5 thin lines of cocoa paste horizontally throughout the top (one line per piece).
21. Drag a skewer through the lines of cocoa lengthways to embellish.
22. Let the icing harden in the refrigerator prior to serving and slicing.