Serves 8 – 10
• 8 potatoes
• 8 hard boiled eggs
• 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
• 4 large radishes, halved & thinly sliced
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup mustard to taste/optional/
1. Place whole potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Bring the pot of water to a boil and use a low boil to cook until tender. You can check with a fork. (Approx: 20 minutes).
2. Drain potatoes and allow to cool until you can handle them, and then use hands (or a small knife) to remove the skins.
3. Chop potatoes into bite sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
4. Place eggs in a pot of cold water and bring water to a boil. Once it boils, turn the heat to simmer and cover with a lid, letting sit for 10 minutes.
5. Remove eggs from water, let cool and peel.
6. Chop eggs coarsely and mix in to the potatoes.
7. Add chopped celery and radishes.
8. Mix in mayo and mustard.
9. Garnish with extra radishes.
TIP – If you make ahead, don’t add salt and pepper until you are ready to serve, since the salt will draw the moisture out of the ingredients and make the potato salad soggy.
This meal is served with some delicious baked salmon, Greek salad and pan fried shrimp for the perfect summertime birthday meal.