Natural Remedies To Fight Stubborn Fat With Ayurveda
By Dipti Mothay
Stubborn fats are stored fats that are extremely difficult to lose, like the pockets of fat around the stomach, hips and thighs. Also, as we grow older, it can be extremely challenging to lose fat just through diet and exercise. Extra body facts can put a lot of negative pressure on our vital organs, thus increasing the susceptibility to several diseases like high blood pressure, arthritis, diabetes, gout, etc.
By igniting your digestive fire, Ayurveda targets the stubborn fats. Thus according to Ayurveda, you need to make the following lifestyle changes to fight the stubborn fast:
• Food should be consumed in fixed time, and eating meals as per your body constitution.
• Practice yoga or follow a regular exercise.
• Avoid wrong combination of foods.
• Genetically modified foods, Non-organic foods, and foods grown with chemicals, pesticides and chemical fertilizers, should be avoided.
• Reduce your current daily calorie intake
• Getting adequate sleep is important to shed those stubborn fats.
Natural ways to fight stubborn fat:
• Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning
• Include spices such as turmeric, cumin, coriander, ginger, and peppercorns to your foods. They reduce Kapha, which is key to weight loss.
• Triphala is an ancient Ayurvedic herb that is composed of three dried Indian super fruits that work synergistically together: Amalaki, haritaki and bibhitaki to detoxify and strengthen the body, helping you to achieve your ideal weight.
• Add curry powder to each meal to melt the fat in your body.
• Drink Ayurveda detoxification tea throughout the day. It includes a combination of ingredients that help to improve digestion, break down fat, and “unclog” the channels in our body.
Ayurvedic Detox Tea Recipe
-Boil 4 to 5 cups of water in the morning.
-Add 1/2 teaspoon of the following seeds to the water and continue to let it boil for about 5 minutes with the lid on.
-Whole cumin seeds
-Whole coriander seeds
-Whole fennel seeds
Strain out the seeds and pour the liquid into a thermos. The key is to make the tea fresh every morning, place it in a thermos and take small sips of it throughout the day. It is best to drink it warm or hot. If the tea is too strong or if you experience some initial discomfort, reduce the amount of seeds to 1/4 teaspoon for 2 weeks, and then increase it back to 1/2 teaspoon.