Australian Apple Tea Cake
This is a wonderful everyday cake that you’ll want to make almost everyday because it’s so yummy!
125 g butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup milk
3 apples, peeled and sliced thinly
¼ cup sugar (for sprinkling)
cinnamon (for dusting)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and flour a cake tin or line with baking paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
3. With the motor running add the eggs one at a time, ensuring that each egg is well combined before adding the next.
4. Add the vanilla and cinnamon. Add the flour, alternating with milk, until all combined.
5. Pour into the pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
6. Place the sliced apple, in a spiral pattern on top and sprinkle sugar and shake some cinnamon over the top.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.