It’s hard to believe that such a luscious chicken recipe can make it into the category of 30-minute meals! The secret is in the winning combination of flavor-charged ingredients, including Dijon mustard, and a touch of cream and butter for extra richness.
1. 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves(about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds total)
2. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3. 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4. 2 tablespoons butter
5. 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
6. 1/3 cup whipping cream
7. 3 tablespoons dry chicken broth
8. 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
9. Fresh thyme (optional)
1 . Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of
a meat mallet, lightly pound chicken to 1/4- to 1/8-inch thickness. Discard plastic wrap.
In a shallow dish combine flour and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
2. In a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken to skillet. Cook about 6
minutes or until no pink remains in the chicken, turning once. Transfer chicken to a platter,
reserving drippings in skillet. Cover to keep warm.
3. For sauce, add green onion to the drippings in the skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat
for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Stir in whipping cream, chicken broth, and mustard. Cook
and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken.
If desired, snip fresh thyme to sprinkle over chicken and garnish with thyme sprigs.