Fifteen Questions To Ask Before You Get Married
Marriage is a big step and a bit commitment in your partnership. If you’re thinking about popping the question, you might want to be extra
clear on these fifteen questions.
1) If we have kids, who will be the primary caregiver?
Will it be split evenly between us?
2) Are we clear on each others financial obligations and goals?
Do our ideas of spending and saving work?
3) What are our expectations for cleanliness of the house?
4) Have we discussed fully our overall health history?
Mental, physical and emotional?
5) Are we adequately affectionate toward one another?
6) Can we easily discuss with each other our sexual frustrations, needs, and fears?
7) Will there be a television in the bedroom?
Yeah, this is a big one.
8) Do we truly trust each other and listen to the other’s ideas and complaints.
9) Do we truly understand each other’s spiritual beliefs and are we comfortable with each other’s faith or lack thereof?
Are we able to meet each other’s spiritual needs?
10) Do we like and enjoy spending time with each other’s friends?
11) Do we respect and value the input of each other’s families.
Will our parents interfere in our marriage?
12) Does my family do anything that annoys you?
Does your family annoy me?
13) Is there anything you’re not willing to give up for marriage?
14) If one of us was offered a perfect career but it relied moving away from friends and family, could you handle that?
15) Do we both feel fully confident in the other’s commitment to the marriage and believe that the bond can survive
whatever challenges we may face?