Hummus is a simple dip that from the Mediterranean that seems to have America under a spell. The savory dip seems to be irresistible, but don’t stop dipping those carrot sticks just yet, there are many great reasons to eat it every single day!
1. Hummus is a good source of animal protein.
2. It helps to balance cholesterol levels.
3. It protects the body against heart disease
4. It helps reduce the chance of contracting arthritis and other diseases.
5. Hummus helps improve the digestive system, and overall intestinal health.
6. It is high in essential vitamins and minerals.
7. It is a great source of bone-building minerals.
8. Hummus is wonderful to protect against cardiovascular disease.
9. It gives a great energy boost.
1 Can Chickpeas
¼ Cup Tahini
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Whole Avocado
¼ Cup Olive oil
¼ Cup Water
1 Tsp Salt
Fresh ground pepper
Put all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until well combined.
Scrape down the sides of the processor or blender add more water or lemon if needed.
Pour the hummus into a bowl and garnish as desired with extra oil, olives, and extra chickpeas.
Serve with pita and fresh dipping vegetables.