Pork Chops with White Beans and Sausage
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
• 8 to 10 leaves sage, very thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• 4 large bone-in pork chops/other meat can be used too/
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and pepper
• 3/4 pound Italian sausage with fennel
• 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
• 1 rib celery with leafy tops, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
• 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
• 1 round tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 cup dry white wine
• 1 can beans, drained or 2 cups prepared dried beans
1.Preheat oven to 375°F/190 C.
2.Melt butter in a small pan then pour over breadcrumbs. Combine with sage and cheese, and set aside.
3.Heat a large, cast-iron skillet over high heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan. Season chops liberally with salt and pepper, brown on all sides and
remove to a plate.
4. Reduce heat under pan a bit, add sausage and brown and crumble. Add carrot, celery, onions, garlic, bay, rosemary and thyme, and stir to
soften 5-6 minutes.
5. Add tomato paste and stir one minute; add wine and deglaze the pan. Stir in beans then settle the chops back into the pan.
6.Top with buttery breadcrumbs and bake 12-15 minutes until crumbs are brown and chops cooked through.