These creamsicle truffles are a real crowd-pleaser. You can make these in any flavor you can imagine! These truffles are sweet and zesty. Why pay for truffles when you can make them at home?
• 1/4 cup butter
• orange zest from half an orange
• 2 tbsp. heavy cream
• 1 cup white chocolate chips
• 1/2 tsp. orange extract
• orange food coloring (optional)
• 1/4 cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
1. Pour white chocolate chips into a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter along with orange zest over medium heat. Stir in heavy cream and scald the mixture (bring it to just below a boil).
3. Pour mixture through a sieve/fine mesh strainer over the white chocolate chips, pressing with the back of a spoon or spatula to squeeze out all flavor from orange zest.
4. Allow mixture to sit for one minute, then add orange extract and optional food colorings. Whisk until smooth, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set.
5. Scoop out heaping tbsp. of mixture and roll into balls, then roll in powdered sugar. Freeze for 10 minutes to set then keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.