Green Fig Jam
Love that green color! Most people think that unripe fruits are worthless, wrong for unripe figs! This jam is unbelievable! Actually it is my favorite topping to vanilla ice cream.
You might find it weird to make jam of unripe figs, but I can tell that you don’t feel any unripeness when you taste it. We call it jam, but I think it can also be included in category of desserts as I love to eat it not just at breakfast but also during day with cream, ice cream or plain.
1 kilo (2,20 pounds) unripe fig
1 kilo sugar
5 ½ cups water
4 cloves/optional…I don’t use/
1. Wash the figs and clean their stems.
2. Fill a large pot with water and boil the figs for about 10 minutes.
3. Let it cool.
4. When they are cool enough to touch, squeeze the figs gently to remove the bad taste.
5. Repeat the same step.
6 .Boil 5 ½ cups water and sugar together in a different pot.
7. Add the squeezed figs in it.
8. Put the cloves with the figs to give this jam an outstanding flavor.
9. Boil them for about 25 minutes.
10. Finally, add lemon juice and boil it 5 minutes more.
11.Let it cool and fill it in jars.
12.You may sterilize the jars for about 5 minutes.