A delicious Spanish paella recipe filled with delicious flavors for a meal your family will remember.
You need an about 50cm paella pan
¼ cup olive oil
1 chicken breast, skin and bones removed, cut into bite sized pieces
12 to 16 tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
12 to 16 clams, scrubbed
8 to 12 mussels, scrubbed
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into slices
2 small hot chorizos, skin removed, flesh cut into 1,2cm pieces
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
⅛ teaspoon saffron
5-½ cups chicken stock
1 cup green peas, frozen
2 cups Arborio paella rice, unwashed
coarse sea salt
• 1. Heat the oil in the paella pan.
•2. Add the chicken and sauté on all sides until golden. Set aside on a plate for later.
• 3.Add the red bell pepper and chorizo and sauté until chorizo is fragrant and slightly crispy.
• 4.Add tomatoes, paprika, saffron, and salt.
• 5. Stir until combined, then add the stock.
• 6. Bring to a boil, then lower the flame so it simmers gently for 15 minutes.
•7. Pour in the rice.
• 8. Stir everything in the pan thoroughly. Once mixed thoroughly, do not stir again.
• 9. Add the chicken, prawns, clams, and mussels.
•10. Once the seafood is cooked — prawns have turned pink and the shellfish have opened — ladle them out into a platter and set aside.
•11. Continue to cook the rice over medium to low heat. Add the green peas when very little liquid is left in the pan.
•12. Add the prawns, clams, and mussels back into the pan.
•13 Remove from the heat and leave for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Serve paella warm.